Gates Millennium Scholars Program – OnlineBusinessDegree.org
Applications for the 2013 Gates Millennium Scholarship are now available online. The scholarship, administered by the United Negro College Fund (UNCF), is awarded to 1,000 minority students each year.
The scholarship covers unmet need and self-help aid, including graduate school funding in certain disciplines. In order to apply, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American
- Be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 on an un-weighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED
- Will enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall of 2013 as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student. First-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities
- Meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
- Have completed and submitted all three required forms: the student’s application (Nominee Personal Information Form), an evaluation of the student’s academic record (Nominator Form) and an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities (Recommender Form) by the deadline
Deadline for application submission, which must be completed online, is January 16, 2013. Visit the website to apply.