Sloan-C: Effective Online Learning Habits – OnlineBusinessDegree.org
The Sloan Consortium will award the winners of its 2012 Effective Practice Awards at the 5th Annual International Symposium for Emerging Technologies for Online Learning July 25-27.
The winners were selected because they proved innovative and replicable. The practices that will be recognized advance the goals of access, effective learning, scalability, and faculty and student satisfaction.
The winners are:
- “Integration of Technology into Undergraduate Education via Cross-Disciplinary Pollination” by Nancy Konigsberg Kerner and Brenda Gunderson (University of Michigan)
- “Comprehensive Online Student Support Services” by Marwin Britto and Susan Rush (Lone Star College System)
- “A.R.G. – Creating Alternative Reality Games for the Classroom” by Jeff D. Borden (Chaminade University, Metropolitan State College of Denver, University of Northern Colorado)
- “The CUNY Academic Commons: Social Network as Hatchery” by George Otte, Matt Gold, Boone Gorges, Michael Smith, and Chris Stein (The City University of New York)
- “Cell Phones in the Classroom: Collaborative or Calamitous?” by James May (Valencia College)
- “Cyber Peer-Led Team Learning: Taking the Classroom Experience Online” by Pratibha Varma-Nelson, Randy Newbrough, Julie Banks, Tom Janke, Lorie Shuck, Lin Zhu, John Sours, and Joshua Smith (Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), Florida International University, Purdue University)
Follow Valerie Jones on Twitter @ValerieJonesCMN