Business Salary : How Much Does a Businessman Make?
An online degree in business can be used to pursue careers in a wide variety of business-related venues. Each business specialization has specific duties, opportunities for advancement, and salary ranges. Business salaries are also dependent upon degree level and years of experience. The college degree opens the door to opportunities based on individual interests and goals.
Associate Degree in Business
An associate degree in business provides entry-level opportunities in many different areas of employment. Business salaries in certain fields can be initially promising, while others are good starting points to gain much-needed experience. An associate degree can qualify graduates to work in finance, retail, marketing, and technology. Technology fields seem most optimistic in salary outlook and opportunity for those with an associate degree.
Associate business salaries typically range between $25,000 to $40,000 a year depending on the business field chosen, with retail and banking industries toward the bottom of the range and accounting and technology fields toward the higher end of the range. Some opportunities include:
- Retail assistant managers or key persons can expect to make an average weekly salary of about $228 to $320. There is an expected job growth in the retail sales industry of about 11% through the year 2018 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Accounting clerks can expect to earn about $14 per hour and expect a job growth of about 9% through the year 2018.
- Computer specialists in the banking industry can expect to make an average of about $14.36 per hour, with a projected job growth of about 10%.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business
An online bachelor’s degree in business increases job prospect and earnings potential. Graduates are more likely to be hired or promoted to management positions, which increases business salary options again depending upon the area of business chosen. An online business degree at the bachelor’s level could range between $35,000 and $50,000 a year. Some jobs and salaries include:
- Bank managers can make about $44.02 per hour and can expect an 11% growth by the year 2018.
- Accountants with CPA certification can earn an annual salary of about $54,630 with an expected job growth of about 3% according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Master’s Degree in Business
An online business degree at the master’s level presents graduates with a wide range of opportunities in upper level management positions that tend to earn an average business salary of at least $10,000 more per year than at the bachelor’s level, depending upon the field and years of experience. Salaries normally start in the $60,000 range annually.
- Financial managers can earn up to $90,970 annually, with an average potential for growth in 2-3 years of work.
- Operations managers are in the upper tier of business management and can expect to make $94,992 in a competitive field.
Business salaries increase with experience and proven ability. Graduates with an online business degree provide themselves with the key to earning and advancing, depending upon the market they choose. Upper level corporate executive positions are highly sought after and few in number. Other management positions and consulting positions, however, are more numerous and still present a salary range in the $60,000 to $70,000 area. An associate degree can provide the initial steps, and a bachelor’s online business degree can provide numerous opportunities.