Business Admin Degree Leads to Career – OnlineBusinessDegree.org
While degrees in business remain the most popular programs among online students, many of those students are choosing to pursue bachelor’s degrees.
An online degree in business administration can lead to numerous career options, including management, sales, finance, insurance, marketing and e-commerce. For some professions, such as market research analysts, a bachelor’s degree in business administration is the minimum requirement.
While business administration can be more of a general degree program, many schools offer several degree specializations for students to choose from, which can help graduates be more marketable to prospective employers.
Here’s a few schools that offer online bachelor’s degrees in business administration with specialization options.
- Walden University: Students pursuing a bachelor’s in business administration from Walden University will enroll in a degree program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Coursework will provide graduates with knowledge in three areas: social awareness, responsibility, and civic engagement; cross-cultural competence; and evidence-based decision-making. Students can choose from nine different degree concentrations to complement their degree. Walden University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- South University: South University offers students a bachelor’s in business administration with 11 different specializations. The 180-credit hour degree program requires completion of 45 courses—64 hours of general education courses, 36 hours of foundation courses and 80 hours of major courses. South University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Saint Leo University: Students pursuing a bachelor’s in business administration from private, not-for-profit Saint Leo University have the option of specializing in accounting, management, or marketing. Graduates will complete 120 semester credits in the program, which is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). The accounting specialization curriculum will establish a foundation for students who wish to become certified public accountants or certified management accountants; the management specialization includes courses which stress the importance of managing in a global environment; and the marketing specialization will focus on students understanding marketing concepts and functions. Saint Leo University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- National American University: National American University offers students a general bachelor’s in business administration, as well as 10 emphasis options to the degree. While the coursework in the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration offers students a broad understanding of large and small business administration, the emphasis choices provide students coursework specifically focused on their respective concentration. National American University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and its business programs are accredited through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- DeVry University: Students pursuing the 124-hour Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from DeVry University can choose from 13 different specializations. The program consists of eight semesters and students are required to complete 30 credit hours of coursework in their preferred specialization. DeVry University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Additionally the business administration with project management major/concentration is accredited by the Project Management Institute’s Global Accreditation Center.
Follow Valerie Jones on Twitter @ValerieJonesCMN