Sloan-C Credits Online College Contributors – OnlineBusinessDegree.org
The Sloan Consortium will recognize significant contributors to online education at the 18th Annual Sloan Consortium International Conference on Online Learning in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Oct. 10-12.
This year’s conference titled “At A Crossroads: Online Education in A Complex World” will focus on different themes for the future of online education, including quality, scale, cost, and ethical issues.
The Annual Sloan-C winners are:
- A. Frank Mayadas Leadership Award: Robert N. Ubell, Polytechnic Institute of New York University
- John R. Bourne Outstanding Achievement Award in Online Education: Devon A. Cancilla, American Sentinel University
- Excellence in Online Teaching: Cynthia Foronda, University of Miami
- Excellence in Faculty Development for Online Teaching: DePaul University
- Outstanding Online Program: Online baccalaureate program in Energy and Sustainability Policy, The Pennsylvania State University
- Excellence in Institution-Wide Online Education: University of Central Florida
Recipients of the Best-in-Track Sessions awards – which honor exceptional speaker submissions – are:
- Track: Student Services and Learner Support: “Best Practices in Mentoring Online Students” Rebecca Johnston, Mitsu Phillips (Western Governors University)
- Track: Leadership, Values and Society: “Challenges of Developing Open Educational Resources for an International Audience” Lauren Zavala, Karen Vignare, Gwyn Shelle (Michigan State University)
- Track: Learning Effectiveness: “The Discussion Board Audit: How Will I Know What I Think Until I see What I Say?” Hayley Lake, Patrick Lordan (Eastern Washington University)
- Track: Open, Global, Mobile: “Is OER Going to Sabotage Our Distance and Online Learning Programs?” Mary Lou Forward (OpenCourseWare Consortium); Larry Cooperman (University of California, Irvine)
- Track: Technology and Emerging Learning Environments: “Tweet by Tweet: Mastering the Disruptive Paradigm of Twitter Through the Use of Mobile Apps and Online Resources” Emory Craig (The College of New Rochelle)
- Track: K-12 Online Education: “The Math Place Online: A Model for Synchronous Teaching Spaces to Foster Math Learning for K-8 Teachers and Parents” Barbara Dubitsky, Steven Goss (Bank Street College of Education)
- Track: Faculty and Professional Development & Support: “Assessing Instructor Readiness to Teach Online Courses” Mimi O’Malley (The Learning House, Inc.)
Awards for 2012 Sloan-C Fellows will also be given out during the conference.
Follow Valerie Jones on Twitter @ValerieJonesCMN