Money Hunt: Vanguard Minority Scholarship
Minority students entering their junior or senior year of college for the 2013 school year may be eligible for the Vanguard Minority Scholarship.
The merit-based scholarship was introduced in 2004 and is awarded to minority students pursuing a study in business, finance, economics, or accounting. Recipients will receive up to $10,000.
In order to be eligible, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of an ethnic or racial minority
- Entering their junior or senior year of college in the fall of 2013
- Currently enrolled full-time at a qualifying four-year accredited college or university in the United States and remain enrolled for the entire 2013-2014 academic year
- Pursuing studies in business, finance, economics or accounting
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States
The scholarship program is administered by Scholarship Management Services – a division of Scholarship America – and application deadline is Nov. 30, 2012.